Copyright Infringement Notice and Takedown Policy
Last Updated: Jan 3, 2023
Layer Data LTD. (“Layer”, “we” or “us”) respects the intellectual property rights of others. We abide by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, The Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002 and similar regulations in other jurisdictions by responding to written notifications of alleged infringement by copyright holders. As part of our response, we may remove or disable access to allegedly infringing material residing on our website or within our Service (collectively, the "Services”). This Copyright Infringement Notice and Takedown Policy ("Policy”) supplements Layer’s Software as a Service Subscription Agreement (currently published at https://layer.ai/terms-of-service/)(the “SaaS Agreement”). In the event of any conflict or inconsistency among the following documents, and, except as otherwise expressly set forth in an Order and/or signed agreement between the parties, the order of precedence shall be (1) AUP, (2) SaaS Agreement, and (3) this Policy.
Reporting Instances of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that any content residing or accessible on or through the Services infringes your copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to us at the address below:
- Identification of the work or material you allege has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, including its location within the Services, with sufficient detail so that we are capable of finding it and verifying its existence;
- Your contact information, including your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- If you are not the copyright owner, a description of your relationship to the copyright holder;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or law;
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided in the notice is accurate and that you are authorised to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner; and
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed.
Please also note that the information provided in a notice of copyright infringement may be forwarded to the user who posted the allegedly infringing content. By sending a notice of copyright infringement, you accept to be liable for any damage incurred by the alleged infringer or by Layer as a result of your misrepresentation of the information above.
Our Response to a Copyright Infringement Notification
Following receipt of a proper written notification, Layer will promptly remove or disable access to the infringing content. We shall also (1) notify the user who posted the infringing material that we have removed the material or disabled access to it; and (2) provide the user with a copy of the copyright infringement notification. We may suspend or terminate access to the Services of users that repeatedly or egregiously infringe the copyrights of others.
Submitting a Counter-Notification
If you believe your content was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, you may send us a counter-notification that includes the following information:
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared in the Services before it was removed or access was disabled;
- Your contact information including your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- An acknowledgement that you have reviewed our copyright infringement policy
- A statement by you under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification; and
- Your physical or electronic signature.
By sending a counter-notification, you accept to be liable for any damage incurred by the party who submitted the infringement notification or by Layer as a result of your misrepresentation of the information above.
Upon receipt of a valid counter-notification, we shall forward it to the person who submitted the infringement notification. The person who submitted the infringement notification (or the copyright holder they represent) shall then have ten (10) days to notify us that they have filed legal action relating to the allegedly infringing material. If we do not receive any such notification within ten (10) days, we may restore the material to the Services.
Repeat Infringer Policy
We have adopted a policy of terminating access to the Services for any users who, in our sole discretion, are deemed to be repeat infringers. We may also and at our sole discretion limit and/or terminate access to the Services of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
Both infringement notifications and counter notifications should be submitted by using the following information:
Layer Data LTD.
Co. No. 1261878545, Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7BG
Phone: +90 533 361 8847